Otjiwa Safari Lodge
Welcome to Otjiwa Safari Lodge
Set amidst the unspoiled beauty of Namibia’s oldest game farm, Otjiwa Safari Lodge is the ultimate holiday destination for those in search of an authentic African experience that meets the very best in international tourism standards.
With our wide range of accommodation options, we will surely be able to meet your requirements. From humble camping to luxurious mountain top views, we have all the accommodation types to suit your needs. Whether it is a family getaway or romantic honeymoon, we want you to feel at home.
- Family Rooms
- Our family units can be used for self-catering guest wanting to enjoy a Namibian BBQ and the company of good friends or family. These units are also perfect for guest wanting to stay a few days and enjoy the Namibian wildlife. Each unit has a small equipped kitchen. Each unit has two bedrooms. One bathroom.A luxury relaxing & visiting area. There is parking in front of each unit. These units are perfect for children and small families.
- Elegant Rooms
- The Elegant Rooms are for those who would like to enjoy the luxury of Africa. Each room has a small mini fridge for personal use, air-con and mosquito net. You have a very big private bathroom and your own little porch to enjoy. Only two persons per room. Children under 3 can be accommodated with parents. Each room has reserved parking. Each room has its own private porch. These rooms are not self-catering. The remotes for air-con will be given at reception. These rooms are only DBB or BB basis.
- Mountain Lodge
- Namibia’s beauty and charm can truly be captured from the view at the mountain lodge. This small intimate lodge offers 5 separate, 2 bed chalets, each with its own private view, mini bar, air-conditioning and en-suite bathroom.This lodge reflects indigenous African style with amazing panoramic views, with sunsets that takes your breath away. From the Mountain Lodge, one can spot the Waterberg Plateau and Omataku mountain range. The Mountain lodge is 8km from the main gate and guest must report at the Eagle’s Rest reception. This luxury lodge is for the type of guest looking for tranquility and peace.This lodge offers the following:On the edge swimming poolIsolated, private luxury rooms.Breakfast, Lunch and DinnerMini bar in each roomLounge and bar areaGame drives (Booking essential)
Otjiwa Safari Lodge is one of the oldest game farms in Namibia, which offers about 25 different game species, this includes the White Rhino. Otjiwa is 12,000 hectares in total and have up to 22 water dams, each with its own natural habitat. To enjoy Otjiwa to its full potential we offer the following:
- Game Drive
- You can expect to see most of the game that Otjiwa has to offer. Ranging from the national small Springbok to our biggest White Rhino. The game drives are about 2 hours long, where you will pass a few of the 22 water dams, each with its own beauty and natural bird habitats. At the end of your game drive you will be taken to one of the hills on the ranch, where your eyes can feast on Namibia’s famous sunsets.
- Game Walk
- With all that Otjiwa has to offer, you can definitely enjoy it on foot. From the smallest insects to the largest antelope, walking through nature will definitely show you all its secrets. With our guides knowing nature like the back of their hands, they can tell you all there is to know about the Namibian wildlife.
- Game Tracking
- With Rhino tracking we have a well-trained guide that tracks the Rhino’s by vehicle and then once spotted, the guide will take you closer on foot. If you are looking for an adrenaline rush experience, this is definitely it. Coming up close to such a spectacular animal will truly let the blood rush through your veins.
- Night Drive
- With this activity you are more likely to find small predators and night animals. At night all the shy and small predators will come out, and maybe even a large leopard will show its appearance. Night drives will take place after dinner and with a cozy blanket and the fresh Namibian air, you can be sure to enjoy this outing.