Ilala Lodge Hotel
The perfect location from which to explore Africa’s adventure capital
Ilala Lodge Hotel, Victoria Falls
lala Lodge Hotel is a family-run hotel that offers luxury and comfort in the heart of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Nestled in attractive gardens, the well-appointed hotel is a mere eight-minute walk from Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Ilala Lodge Hotel is ideally located and it is very easy for guests to access all the historical sites, restaurants and activities available in Victoria Falls. The friendly and attentive staff of this welcoming hotel makes sure that your visit is perfect in every way.
The well-appointed rooms at Ilala Lodge Hotel are spacious and offer the ultimate in comfort and luxury.
- Standard Rooms
- Standard Suites
- Deluxe Rooms
- Executive Suites
- Strathearn Suite
At this luxury Victoria Falls accommodation establishment, the 73 rooms are designed to create a feeling of privacy. The rooms on the upper tier open out onto a private balcony, while the lower floor rooms open onto the lush manicured gardens where you can watch the warthogs graze from the hotel lawn. You may even be lucky enough to have a visit from an elephant.
Guests can choose rooms in the Deluxe Wing, the Garden Wing or the Pool Wing. The Deluxe Wing and the Pool Wing boast splendid views of the mesmerizing spray from Victoria Falls as well as the spectacular gardens that Ilala Lodge Hotel is famous for. The Garden Wing gives guests access to the lush and flourishing lawns where the animals visit.
The teak furnishings in all the rooms are made from local Zimbabwean railway sleepers, enhancing the African ambiance and laid-back atmosphere of the hotel. All the rooms in the hotel have high-quality cotton linens and luxurious pillows for your ultimate comfort. Take your pick of a room here and indulge in the world-class service at Ilala Lodge Hotel.
- Ra-Ikane River Cruise
- Relive the historical journey taken by David Livingstone by exploring the mighty Zambezi River aboard the Ra-Ikane. Named after his guide, the boats are full of old world charm, setting a romantic and intimate scene whilst you sit back, relax and take in the surrounding views. With a maximum of 16 seats available, the Ra-Ikane offers a unique vantage point for viewing birdlife and wildlife up-close on the islands along the river. This is unquestionably an activity to add to your bucket list when in Victoria Falls.
- Tour of Victoria Falls
A tour of the mighty ‘Smoke That Thunders’, is an unforgettable experience, worthy of any Bucket List. Embark upon a leisurely 10 minute stroll from Ilala Lodge Hotel to enjoy the Falls at your own pace, or simply visit the Ilala Lodge Hotel Activity Centre to arrange a guided tour. The team will be sure to put you in touch with only the best and most experienced tour guides.
- Scenic Flights
Viewing the spectacular Victoria Falls from the air is one of the most breath-taking and exhilarating activities in Africa. By far the most popular option is the “Flight of Angels” helicopter trip over the Falls. However, guests can also enjoy 22-minute and 30-minute helicopter flights. Another option is a slightly more thrilling microlight flight over Victoria Falls.
- River Activities
- Tour operators and activity providers in Victoria Falls offer a wide range of activities along the mighty Zambezi River. The most popular of these is adrenalin-filled White Water Rafting in the rapids below Victoria Falls. Half & Full day trip options are available, including lunch and refreshments. A calmer, but no less memorable, option is the upper Zambezi canoe trips.
- Adrenaline Activities
- The town of Victoria Falls is the undisputed adventure capital of Africa. To get your heart racing in the best possible way, try out the 111m Bungee Jump off the world-famous Victoria Falls Bridge – one of the most popular activities in Zimbabwe. Otherwise, opt for the gut-renching Gorge Swing, the adrenaline-pumping Zip Line across the Batoka Gorge or the legendary Flying Fox.
- Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the Victoria Falls to learn about the history from an experienced local guide, or opt to walk to the town and explore what it has to offer on your own. The nature sanctuary has many species of interest, including lion, and there is a full leather workshop that sells its goods on-site, as well as in our curio shop located at the lodge itself.
- Day Trips
- Victoria Falls in located on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, is mere hour’s drive from the border with Botswana, and is only 1 hour’s drive from the Hwange National Park. This convenient location renders it the perfect destination for a two incredible day-trips: the Chobe Day Trip and the Hwange Day Trip. On these excursions, enjoy game viewing, cultural tours and more.
- Game Viewing Activities
- The Victoria Falls National Park and the Zambezi National Park boast a vast array of wildlife, including elephant, impala, kudu, leopard, lion and buffalo. Visit the Activity Centre to arrange either a 3-hour game drives in the morning or afternoon, a 4-hour game drive including a 3-course dinner, or a full day trip including a game-viewing cruise, lunch and a game drive.
- Devil's Pool
The Devil’s Pool in Victoria Falls is known as the world’s ultimate infinity pool. Located on the edge of the Victoria Falls, the natural rock walls have created a barrier, preventing swimmers from being carried over the edge of the thundering falls. If you are a thrill-seeker looking to experience an adrenaline activity, swimming in the Devil’s Pool is a must.