Skukuza Rest Camp
Skukuza Rest Camp
Skukuza is the Kruger National Park’s largest rest camp and administrative headquarters. It is situated on the southern banks of the Sabie River. The camp is well foliaged and there are some lofty trees along the river’s edge. Activities and facilities are diverse, as are the animals and plants found both within the camp and in the surrounding areas.
- 80 x tent or caravan sites, with power point. Communal ablutions and cooking facilities. (24-hour boiling water, electric hotplates and washing up facilities) Maximum of 6 persons per site.
- 12 x 2-bed and 8 x 4-bed permanent furnished canvas tents on stilts, including a fridge, standing fan inside tent and small veranda. Communal ablutions and communal kitchens available.
- 178 x round–walled, single-room African style units with thatched roofs, 2 or 3 beds per unit, equipped with en-suite ablutions (most with showers, but some with baths). Some units have air-conditioning, some have fans. Kitchenettes vary: some have hotplates and sinks; some have only sinks, while some have neither. Cutlery and crockery can be provided and hired from reception. Please confirm when booking.
- 20 x 1 bedroom units, with en-suite bathroom. The units each have a double bed, quality decor, air-conditioning and television offering limited DSTV channels. You have a choice of luxury units with a riverside view and kitchen, or semi-lux units without a river view and with communal kitchen. Bungalows along the river frontage have a more modern design with glass sliding doors.
- This unit forms part of the Waterkant Guest House complex and is known as Waterkant 2. It offers a well equipped kitchen, 4 bedrooms, (2 single beds in each room), a living room, one bathroom and a river view.
- 15 x 4 or 6-bed units with well equipped kitchens, multiple bedrooms and usually more than one bathroom. Some have 2 double beds so visitors should confirm bed numbers and interior contents when booking.
- These are large luxury units in prime positions, all with river view. There are well-equipped kitchens (with microwave ovens), multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Limited channel DSTV televisions are provided.
- Moni: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Nyathi: Sleeps 8, with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Waterkant 1: Sleeps 8 with 4 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- ABSA: Sleeps 12, with 6 bedrooms (2 single beds in each room)
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Office
- Car Hire
- FNB Bank facility available
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Garage with Workshop
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Auditorium and Conference Facilities
- Day Visitor Picnic Area (located 4km outside the camp) with own swimming pool
- 2 swimming pools in camp (for overnight residents only)
- Car Wash
- TVs (limited DSTV) available in Luxury Units only
- Cellphone reception
- Skukuza Indigenous Nursery (located approximately 5km outside camp):