Elerai Camp Welcomes You
To a camp with the perfect view of Mt Kilimanjaro, the tallest mountain in Africa and the world’s tallest free-standing mountain at 5,895 meters 19,341
About The Camp
Elerai Camp is located in a quiet, unspoilt, unique setting on a 5000 acre private conservation area 12 kms south east of Amboseli National Park.
Amazing views of Mt Kilimanjaro from your tent door to the amazing infinity pool.
Elerai Camp has five Cottage Rooms and twelve mountain facing Deluxe Tents, both designed to ensure that your stay will be in complete luxury.
Each Deluxe Tent has its own ensuite bathroom with spacious shower and a toilet with mountain view!. Raised cedar wood floors, acacia poles and makuti (thatch) roofing complement the surrounding environment. Large verandas with relaxing day beds offer the perfect place to relax & watch the moods of the Mt. Kilimanjaro.
The elegantly furnished Cottage Rooms have large sliding doors that open out onto your own balcony overlooking the plains below and Amboseli National Park. Elephant, giraffe and zebra are seen most days from the comfort of your room. Designed using natural rock and acacia wood, the bathrooms have their own naturally crafted bathtub and shower unique to Elerai.
The facilities are supplied with hot running water provided by eco-friendly solar water heating units.
- Game drives
- During your stay at Elerai Camp, you have the option to either enjoy game drives in Amboseli National Park or on the Elerai Conservation area. Amboseli National Park offers the amazing Amboseli swamps with the large herds of elephants and buffalos and the unique aquatic bird species. In contract, Elerai conservation area offers grass plains and acacia woodland forest which are home to the large elephant bulls, many giraffe and eland and a host of amazing bird life.
- Community Visits
- A trip to the Elerai Masai community allows you to experience an authentic Masai experience. Our trips allow you to see the Masai as they live traditionally and not under false circumstances. Enjoy a chance to walk with their cattle as they set out for the days grazing.
- Game Walks
- Elerai Conservation area is one of the best game walking areas in Kenya with several different options for walks including several walks in the nearby river gorge. For the walks, we charge 20 USD per person and allow you to experience the bush and wildlife in a completely different way. Take advantage of this special activity.
- A sundowner with Kilimanjaro as the backdrop is something not to be missed. Few locations offer such an amazing chance to take that ideal Africa sunset picture with the bonus of Kilimanjaro in the background.
- Night Game Drives
- Few places offer the opportunity to see the nocturnal wildlife of Africa. Night game drives give you the opportunity to see Serval Cats, Genet Cats, Civet Cats, Ardwolfs, Owls, Bushbabies and many other beautiful species that roam the bush at night. This offers a different experience and is a must for those that have never experienced it.